Friday, May 30, 2008

I Surprised Myself!!!

I have a job! That's right, me-a job!

I'm now a waitress at Rawlins newest restaurant Hoot & Howl. Well it's not opening until the 13th, so it's still Fat Boys. I'm just calling it Hoot & Howl.

There are a lot of amazing things that will happen, but I will blog about those as they happen. I started training Wednesday, we have our pre-opening run through thing this Wednesday so I have to be ready to do everything then.

I'm very nervous because I have to memorize a million and twelve things in about 5 nights. You can ask my mom, it's literally 41 pages plus a whole menu.

Oh geez.

But I do enjoy my work atmosphere though. The people who work there are a ton of fun. There is Andrew, the manager/my boss, he is very fun, I'd say we're friends. I'll say more about him in the future. The other cool guy there is Sam. He is a cook and a butcher there. He has a HUGE mustache. It's sorta like Mario's. The video game Mario, with the mustache. I think you know him.

His mustache is the butt of many jokes at work.

That's all I'll say for tonight. I have to copy the menu tonight. And everyone has to train with the big boss tomorrow. The employees are scared of him so I'm worried just like the rest of them, including Andrew and Sam.

Have a fantastic night!!!

4 comments:

Connie Babe said...

i'm looking forward to wednesday.

will i get croutons?

Luke Hsiao said...

congrats jaycey, i'm proud of you too! I need to get a job sometime :S

LaNae Brandon said...

Have you memorized your "list" (book)
yet?
warning: truck drivers and old men will flirt with you

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO! Jobs are evil! except for the money part :P the work part is evil! I guess we all have to get jobs at some point :)