Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Soap Operas

I just watched General Hospital with my mom. I do that from time to time.

Most people know what to expect from soap operas, bad writing, even worse acting, but it's like a train wreck. You can't stop watching. It's that entertaining.

So this time, I saw something that I will mock until I forget about it.


There's some guy, totally wailing on girl #1, like you think he's gonna kill her, and I guess this other girl, girl #2, sees so she freaks out. The guy saw girl #2 so he leaves girl #1 all hurt and stuff to call girl #2. I have never heard anyone so angry.

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK, STAY THERE, I'LL BE RIGHT OVER"

That should have been her clue to leave, but no, she stays there, worrying about girl #1. She tries calling girl #1 over and over again, but, of course, she doesn't answer. So girl #2 finally decides to leave. But it's too late, because the guy is coming down the hall. She runs back to her apartment and locks the door.

"JUST OPEN THE DOOR. LET ME EXPLAIN. IT'S NOT HOW IT SEEMS!!!!!"

She grabs a giant wooden baseball bat.

"I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU!!!!!!"

K, this guy seriously seems like he's on roids or something. He's now chopping down the door with an ax. An AX.

While he was chopping down the door, stupid girl drops her bat and runs to get a knife. So now he's in her apartment looking for her. Which, by the way, she picked the worst hiding place ever. Behind the couch in her living room. He's like two feet away from her.

"REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE USED TO TALK?????????? I JUST WANT TO TALK!!! I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU!!"

She somehow loses the knife.

So now he's got her backed up against the wall. Almost calm. He's begging for another chance. Just one more. So she's like no, props for her, she's not as stupid as I thought. Now he's yelling again.

"YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT JOHNNY!!!!"

So he shoves her to the ground (right about now I bet she's glad she told him no), conveniently she lands right next to the knife.

She gets up and stabs him in the abdomen.

I should watch these shows more often.

Just thought I'd share the crazy guy who screams, beats up people, and chops things down with an ax then doesn't get why a girl doesn't want him. Ahhhh. What a perfect ending to a day...

4 comments:

Lady Winterhart said...

hmm, maybe i'll start watching it once a month.

Mama Greer said...

That reminds me of that crazy answering machine guy...

Josh said...

Sounds like a perfectly rational discussion to me. Personally I keep a spare ax handy just in case.

Connie Babe said...

well, he did get the ax from the fire alarm thingy in the hall.

completely believable. :D

and to be fair, he did kind of stab himself.

course, now lulu will become crazy like her momma...hiding the body...which is what eventually put her mom in a vegetative state.

;D