Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Back

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back, I'm back, I'm back! (That's a song, by the way)

Let me tell you, that was the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life. It was three whole days of exciting hardness.

We woke up at about 5:30, ate breakfast and headest outside to a field. There, we got ten million things pounded into our heads. And let me tell you, they do not go slow, you have to pick things up so fast.

We learned cheers, sidelines, dances and stunts. It was so hard to remember everything. We got breaks for lunch and dinner, but other than that, we were in the sun all day.

And let me tell you, I finally got that tan I wanted, but not the way I wanted. Most of me is still trying to get over this sunburn.

In cheerleading, you have to be tight, so tight that after a 30 second cheer you're ready to pass out you're so tired. Being tight is very hard when you're sunburned. Everytime I moved my arms (which is like constant), I thought they were going to fall off.

And that wasn't even the worst part. I had to stunt with sunburned shoulders. A one base stunt. So I had to hold up a girl on my shoulders all by myself, with that horrible sunburn. But I lived.

Also, I found out I get frustrated very easily. I'm not very good at learning dances super fast and I'm even worse at remembering them ten minutes later. My ADD might have something to do with that. :D

It wasn't all super frustrating though, once we got the Extreme Dance down good enough, we got to try it with music. The music was very fast so it took some time to get used to, but now I think I could do it in my sleep.

It was very hard and fun, I'll blog about different things that happened for the next few days.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Sounds like an exciting time. Glad you're back safe and sound. I bet you've been sleeping pretty well anyway. I never asked what kind of camp this was, was it just your squad there or a lot of squads from a lot of different schools?

Connie Babe said...

glad you're back.

your bruises are yucky.

LaNae Brandon said...

I want to see the dance!!