Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ooh soreness....

Homecoming was this last Friday and let me tell you, I am still worn out from it.

I didn't have to go to 7th hour because the cheerleaders had to get ready for the pep rally so that was awesome. We had to do "Outlaws Fight" (our school song) a bunch though. If Mrs. Omelia had told us that we were doing it more than twice we would have said no. That was just too tiring for all of us.

After that, we had ten minutes to get to the parade starting point before the Jr. Cheerleaders started showing up. So we hurried and changed outfits to get there on time. Now let me tell you something: if you are planning on walking in a parade, have a water bottle!

The parade finished just after 5 o' clock, but we had to wait for parents to pick up their kids. Then we had to be at the stadium at 6 for the game that started at 7. So Saylee and I went to Adrianna's house to change for that. We were barely on time at the stadium and we didn't get any dinner, so we rehearsed with the Jr. Cheerleaders for their pre-game performance and performed their dance and a few cheers with them.

Then we did all of the pre-game stuff. (national anthem and run through). I was hoping the game would go by fast but it lasted forever. Don't get me wrong, it was a TON of fun, as always, but I hurt my shoulder in the first half of the game. Luckily, I could barely feel it since it was so cold, but it still hurt pretty bad.

We lost. 22-0. But everyone had a good time with the cheerleaders so that was good.

In Rawlins, the homecoming dance isn't formal, and the cheerleaders are in charge of it. So again, Saylee, Adrianna and I ran to get changed and get to the dance before everyone else. The dance was very hot, but overall enjoyable.

I danced. A lot. Which happily added to my soreness.

Saturday I was waken up at like 6 to go idk where. Martin's Cove is what I think it's called. I was very sore and couldn't lift my left arm all day :( but it was a fun trip. We went to Casper after my mom finished with the Trek stuff.

It was good to get out of town. Just a little tired today. Shoulder feels better though :D

3 comments:

Krista said...

That sounds like fun. I wish my life was that interesting.

Connie Babe said...

sorry we had fridays that were painful and lasting.

glad we had fridays that were good though.

i won't miss next years parade.

Josh said...

Sounds like a really active weekend, glad you managed to survive all that.