Saturday, January 4, 2014

Crazy!

What's the craziest thing that happened to you today? 
Feel free to tell me in the comments of this post:)

I'll tell you what happened to me today. I got the work at mail (that's not the crazy part, be patient) and there was a handwritten letter for someone who doesn't work at Fastenal...but it said Fastenal. It also wasn't our exact address so I don't know how it found us.

After a few minutes of us talking about it, one of the big bosses decided to open it. Inside the envelope there was a small 2013 recipe-themed calendar with a magnet on the back. 

Why did someone send us a 2013 calendar??

There was a post-it note on the front of the calendar with words in a different language and it said "-Kris Kringle" on the bottom. I kept that.


We flipped through it and found another post-it note in June. It said "6/20/2013 Merry Xmas"...this was making less and less sense.

So the boss guy googled 6/20/2013 and Christmas. I guess he found some information about how Obama tried to pass something that would tax all Christmas trees and it didn't pass on June 20th. This was definitely getting more and more weird.

We ended up throwing away the calendar and getting back to work.

A few hours later it came to me: Google Translate! I typed in what I read on the post-it (I even used my detective skills to detect a missing "i") and let it auto-detect the language. It was Lithuanian! I wrote the translation on a post-it of my own:



I seriously have no idea why this was sent to my work. Especially addressed to someone who doesn't work there. The only thing I can come up with is that it's a threat from the Lithuanian mob because someone didn't pay for something on 6/20/2013. I don't know.

On another note, the coolest thing that happened to me today was when Emmitt and I went to the Lego store and built our own little Lego kits. 




His and hers:)


No comments: