Saturday, January 25, 2014

11 Months Until Christmas!

Yesterday was a very sad day. I've been procrastinating but I figured one month was long enough. So I took my ornaments off the tree and put my Christmas decorations away. Today the trees get put away:/

I did have fun taking down the ornaments though.

Growing up, my mom bought new ornaments for me and my sisters every year. They usually all match or are identical. She still carries on the tradition, I wonder if I'll still be getting ornaments when I'm in my sixties...

So when I was taking down my ornaments, I figured I would take them down in order! (My mom writes our initial or name and the year somewhere on the ornament.) As I started to do this, I thought, "Hey! I might as well take pictures and share them with everyone!"

So here are my yearly ornaments... (After looking at these I noticed I picked a lot of snowmen..and a lot of blue ornaments. Which is funny because Kim's favorite color has always been blue, and mine has never been...)

Baby's First Ornament
(Technically 1992, but not my '92 ornament)


1992


1993


1994


1995
Possibly one of my mom's top 5 favorite ornaments. I did not want to be in the photo booth so my birth father had to hold me in there. Great picture:)


1996

My gorgeous creation...

1997
The year my grandma became one of my guardian angels.


1998


1999


2000


2001


2002


2003


2004


2005
Alaska! Love these little guys:)


2006
My dad made this one!


2007


2008


2009
It's true...


2010
The year I got to leave Wyoming, yes!


2011
We went on a cruise to Mexico and we picked zoo animal ornaments. Our mom did not think it was as great of an idea as we thought it was. We did not go to a zoo in Mexico.


2012


2013
We went to Gettysburg while on the East Coast last year. I need to go back to the end of the country again...


Some various decorations...

My tiny nativity. 



We bought this box at the Festival of Trees one year.
If I remember to put it on the tree, I get money for Christmas! (I remember every year.)


This one is a year-round decoration in my home.


I got this box this year with cookies inside!
Maybe if I put it on the tree every year, I'll get cookies?
Worth a shot.


I'm very much looking forward to Christmas 2014. Only 11 more months!

2 comments:

Connie Babe said...

did i really not buy you an ornament in 2006? hmm...

this was fun. a run-down of your life. and funny how the first few years were avon ornaments ordered from grandma... :)

glad i stole this tradition...now...i really really really want to share this post... :)

love you!

(you'll only be getting ornaments from me in your 60's if i'm still alive...)

Connie Babe said...

p.s. kim was the only one who remembered that one year in the hotel...just sayin'...