Monday, August 24, 2009

Daughter (aka Jaycey) Knows Best

I know it's usually "Mother Knows Best", but to get my point across, I have changed it.

There have been many a times when I walk into my kitchen and my mother hides her hand from me.

The next sentence out of my mouth is almost always "did you cut yourself again?"

And almost always the answer is "no". But that is not the truth.

You think after cutting yourself about 70 times with sharp objects you'd get tired of it right? Well, not my mother.

I have told her many a times to not cut herself, but now I'm starting to think she might enjoy it.

As if I don't have enough worry because of her cutting habits, now I have to worry about her stabbing herself. Yes, you read correctly. Stabbing.

Today when I walked in the kitchen, she had a very odd look on her face. It was not the "i cut myself" look so I was confused.

"What are you doing?"

".....I almost stabbed myself"

"I thought we've had this conversation!"

(thinking back to her teenage years) "Yes, I know, always cut away from yourself."

"No, well yes, but also don't cut yourself. stabbing included. don't hurt yourself."

Sheesh. What shall I do with her?

2 comments:

brittany michelle said...

this, of course, is a funny post. although it worries me for when you leave mom alone...

Connie Babe said...

i do not enjoy it. i just go in spurts. and the grocery cart started another string of mishaps.

and 70? come on...why so low? :D