Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cutting the Cord

Today I realized that I need to cut the cord. So Mom, here it is: it's cut.

Emmitt and I decided to watch a scary movie in honor of Halloween. Nothing good was on tv so we looked on netflix under "Halloween Favorites." Most things looked too demonic or probably gross so we decided on some Korean film. During a silent part, there were a lot of silent parts, we tried to figure out what we did last year. Suddenly, it hit me. Let's check my mom's blog, maybe she posted what we were up to!

Rewind to October 2011 on my mom's blog....nothing. There were actually a lot of things, and most of them funny. There were even things about me and Emmitt, but not what I was looking for. We have no idea what we did last year for Halloween. But now we'll know what we did this year!

Even when my mom is clear on the other side of the country and I'm still relying on her to tell me what I did a year ago. This post is mostly for my future self because I forget things easily.

Future Jaycey, Here is what was happening in your life in October 2012: You got hired on directly with UPS at the beginning of September and just started your first week as a new billing agent.

BREAKING NEWS: I just had an idea. Facebook keeps track of what I do! I went back to October 2011 on my profile....the wait is over. I know what I did last Halloween. It was a Sunday, so I was at dinner at the Despain household. The Friday before, we went to a party with Emmitt's sister and on Saturday we went to a party at Emmitt's friend's house. You may now sleep easy tonight.

Back to educating myself, but now I'll stop typing to myself.

Most people who read this also see my updates on facebook so I'll do a quick recap. Emmitt and I bought a car and it is absolutely wonderful. We're still together, not engaged, not pregnant, and very happy. I will not speak for him but it is in the works to get married and have babies. When the time is right. We don't feel the need to rush things and I like that.

I have a hard time some days because I am impatient, but Emmitt is great at bringing out the best in me and he helps me be patient. We've been right on with timing so far so I trust him. I tend to pull him along a bit and he helps me slow down. We balance everything out and I'm very lucky to have him.

I won't get into anything too personal but he has helped me through a lot. I know he is my soulmate and we will be together forever. He is the best friend I have ever had and I am blown away daily at his decision to be with me. The other day, Pinterest told me it is a nice thing to buy tickets for something your significant other loves. So I asked the internet what concerts are coming to SLC and they found a NOFX concert for me! I quick checked a few things around the house just to be safe and then bought tickets and ordered t-shirts.

The concert is in December so it made perfect sense for a Christmas present! Last year, I went a lot overboard so I figured this is enough for a happy Emmitt. Now the hard part, keeping my mouth shut. Turns out I didn't have to keep my mouth shut for long because that night Emmitt asked me if I wanted to go to the concert so I had to tell him so he didn't buy tickets too. I didn't even know he knew they were coming to town! So I did good.:)

Emmitt and I are often on the same wavelength. Like the last time he went fishing I asked him about a fish he caught and asked if he caught one named Fred. Turns out, while he was cleaning the fish, one tried to jump away and he called it Fred! Weird.

The other night I had a dream that our apartment was robbed but I couldn't figure out what was missing. The next day we found out that the shared laundry room was broken into and someone stole all the quarters from the dryer! So maybe I have premonitions. That could be useful.

Well, Emmitt and I need to paint our costumes so we have something to wear to a party on Saturday. Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

Connie Babe said...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i felt it from over here...

tell me that you still have an apron string within grasp...